Mothers

post by Bel.....

Most my friends are now all Mum's, and others are either currently expecting just like Sarah or planning away!  Mothers Day is this weekend, I wonder what you will be doing?  I got to thinking about being a Mum the other day, my friends tell me I am very honest about Motherhood to them.  I love being a Mum, I cannot imagine my life without my little Phoebe now, nor can imagine how I spent my time before her.


That being said though, motherhood is hard work!  Apart from looking after that little one who is almost 100% dependent on you, most of us these days also have to juggle work, then not to mention the unpaid type of work we do which has to be done of course....the washing, the ironing (except if your me and don't even own one!), the dishes, the dusting, the mopping, the vacumming, making beds and cooking (also not me, my better half cooks every night, lucky me!).  I could go on and on about everything we do, and so could you of course!!


But it struck me the other day, sometimes we get focused on all the things we HAVE to do and forget about the things we SHOULD be doing.....like being happy and spending some wonderful quality time with our loved ones and our babies.  So yesterday, I turned off the computer, left the washing in the machine and let the dust settle and had a great old time with Phoebe.


It got messy sure, but boy did we have fun!  As a teacher, I know lots of great things to do with kids and littlies, but sometimes, it gets put on the backburner...well not anymore.  Bring on the mess, the fun, the laughter..............the rest can wait, it'll still be there at the end of the day!


So enjoy your Mothers Day whatever you choose to do, you deserve to be pampered a little.  But also remember to leave the housework to be done later on other days too, not just Mothers Day!  You'll have a ball and so will the kids!


P.S...A little too deep?  Sorry, it was just what was on my mind after this little messy project with Phoebe x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, so true Bel! These photos of Phoebe are absolutely gorgeous. Looks like a lot of fun was had! Have a fantastic Mother's Day, I know I will :-D

mel said...

so true bel, it's hard to leave the house stuff sometimes but i am sure our cherubs wont remember if the floors were clean or dishes done, they will remember whether we read that story, played with the trains, did painting and playdough - just like we remember from our childhood. happy mothers day chick. xx