Off Duty!

Written by Belle....
There are times in everyones lives where a break is well and truly overdue.  For parents, there is no exception despite the 24 hour nature of our job.  Men tend to find it a bit easier to escape, a quick stop in at the pub, a round of golf once a month with the boys, Friday night footy with some mates....but as women, when we become mothers especially, we tend to do it a little less, and I don't know why!? 


So now, once a year, I plan a girls weekend (for the partners of Michael's mates).  The prerequisites are: we must go for two nights, accommodation in a house so we are all together, no more than a two hour drive, drinkies and girly chats are a must, and there must must be a day spa within a quick drive!


This year we are heading off to Rosebud, but I think we are most looking forward to our whole day visit to the Peninsula Springs!  I myself, have been feeling quite claustrophobic lately, so I am looking forward to a bit of R'n'R.  The house we are staying in looks beautiful, I can't wait until we arrive.


So before I head off and enjoy some 'me' time without hearing the screams of MUM, I have been spending lots of quality time with Phoebe.  Today involved a quick pampering for my little princess.  She thinks I am going to Queensland (because that's where her Dad went earlier this year on his boys weekend).  Although I will miss her terribly (and Michael of course), I know she is in good hands.


So folks, I'm off duty this weekend!!  I hope you all enjoy yours as much as I am going to mine!

Belle x

0 comments: